Followers

Today I have the pleasure of having met a major client deadline. I have the further pleasure of wallowing in a small amount of schadenfreude since one of my fellow consultants - the one who was giving me so much trouble - did not make his deadline and, in fact, the work that he did complete will cause time and money spent on revision down the road. I am not proud of gloating, but there you have it. I tried to help him, but he knew best and wasn't prepared to listen even though I've been on the project for a full year longer than he. In fact, his absolute refusal to utilize standard processes and documentation - even though we are working in a "regulated environment" - will probably ultimately result in more work for me so I guess I owe him a debt of gratitude for being so hard headed.


In other news, hardcore nesting continues with plans to straighten out the canning cupboard this evening. I simply cannot live another day with the spicy brussels sprouts placed willy nilly around all the other veggies. And why, please tell, did I think it was a good idea NOT to put labels on the strawberry sauce? No child of mine will enter a home where the strawberry sauce isn't properly labeled. Well, never mind because all will be put to rights tonight. Last night I tackled the linen closet - all the twin sheets are now together, as are the double and queen size. Beach towels have their own little nook and extra blankets are folded neatly by the door for easy access.


Sadly for the rest of the family, this domestic zeal does not translate into yummy meals. Last night I made something my mother called "Texas Hash", which consists of ground beef, rice, tomato sauce, onion and peppers. Definitely not glamourous, although I supposed it's healthy enough with a veg or something. "Or something" - see how far gone I am? I'm sure my cooking mojo will return someday (soon, I hope), but for now I'm just interested in fast and minimal dish requirements. In fact, my husband just called to see what he can pick up on the way home and I asked for some Raspberry Ice Crystal Lite. I'm secretly hoping that he's inspired while he's there to get some lunchmeat or something. Or a one of those pre-cooked chickens. Or maybe even a can of chow-mein. Hey - if all else fails we've got peanut butter and some saltines. Yum...sounds like dinner to me.

Blog Archive