Followers

I just got off the phone with my husband, asking him to pick up one of those rotisseri chicken meals on the way home. I'm feeling quite out of it today and figured that, since he had to be out and about anyway (UVA is one of the only schools or offices open during the current ice storm) he may as well procure some dinner. Otherwise it's soup and biscuits (that he'll have to make himself). Luckily, one of our local markets has a chicken dinner package that includes a couple sides and some bread. Dinner is served.


We're much better off than most during this storm, but things are still pretty darn cold and icy here. Preschool was closed today and will be again tomorrow and I'm reminded of how blessed I am that I work at home and have some level of flexibility to roll with these punches. The house is getting pretty cold, though, since I don't really have many skills in the fire-building department and our heat pump is broken. Crappy timing, but there you have it. My husband the former Boy Scout is the official "Combustion Event Engineer" in the household and, although I was a Camp Fire Girl for many years we never actually got around to making campfires (although I got a nifty bead for making a nightgown). To cope I've left the Boy in his footie pajamas and am making batch after batch of muffins just to keep the oven on. brrrrr!



Blog Archive