Followers

Many thanks for all the good wishes for my son. We're pretty much back to normal now - he's in school today and proudly showing off where the doctor fixed the "hole" in his head. I gingerly washed his hair this morning and he scarcely flinched, so it seems that he's recovering better than I.


From what I can understand, the injury was the result of normal playground roughhousing. The school as responded beautifully, holding an "assembly" of the 3- and 4-year olds letting them know that my son was going to be o.k. and that his parents and doctors were taking care of him. They then led a discussion of playground safety and rules, talking about how the playground is for fun and, if everyone follows the rules, then accidents like this don't need to happen. Apparently, many of the kids were understandably scared and crying, after seeing the blood and tears and then the arrival of the rescue squad. By the time we returned to school this morning, everyone was fine and happily showing off their own scars and owies.


So I'm back to my routine of avoiding work and bemoaning the state of the house. I made up a comprehensive to-do list this morning and am proud to report that I've already (already? it's nearly 10:30 for goodness sake!) crossed a couple things off. I really, really need to get myself together and have vowed to shake off this malaise. I owe it to myself, my family, and my employer to get my game back. And we start today with a technique I use successfully with my son. Mary Poppins called it a spoon full of sugar, but I prefer the more straightforward "bribery".


First up after blogging, a quick audit write-up followed by two necessary phone calls. As a reward, I'll then mix up some snickerdoodle dough. After this afternoon's conference call and a longer audit, I'll get to actually bake the cookies.


Oh man, I'm treating myself like a three year old. Without the nap, that is (although, come to think of it, not a bad idea).

Blog Archive