Followers

I am very happy to report that I have (finally) had a successful cookie baking day. Late last night I produced another four dozen chocolate chip, followed this morning by four dozen snickerdoodles (more about these below), two dozen holly cookies and two-and-a-half dozen peanut butter blossoms (you know, the PB cookies with hersey kisses in them). Later tonight, energy level and Christmas tree status willing, I'll make some anise pizzelles and some chocolate pizzelles.


Regarding those snickerdoodles. I went out this afternoon briefly to pick up some needed baking supplied (cinnamon red hots, cake flour, molasses, etc.) and returned to find that my four dozen snickerdoodles had been reduced to 2 and a half dozen. Hmm...what happened? Well, I left the cookie burgler unsupervised, that's what. The boy wonder had been napping the entire time, so the blame was pretty easy to place. The confrontation went something like this:


Me: Sweetie, can you not eat so many of one kind of cookie at a time? I'm trying to make up assortments for gifts.


Cookie Burgler: I haven't had that many.


Me: Dearest, there's nearly two dozen snickerdoodles gone.


Cookie Burgler (all indignant): I have not eaten that many cookies.


Me (leading him to the cooling rack): There were four dozen here when I left. There are now slightly over two dozen and you were the only one here to eat them.


Cookie Burgler: Oh. Sorry.


Tomorrow, if all goes well I'll make cut outs (two kinds), chocolate crinkles and gingerbread angels - I don't have a gingerbread man cookie cutter (how is this possible? I have hundreds of cookie cutters, it's true, but no gingerbread man.)



Blog Archive