Followers

I am entering that phase of pregnancy where I am just very little else but pregnant. For me, this stage mirrors early pregnancy in that I want to sleep all the time, I am desparately hungry but eating is unpleasant (at best) and I'm a little flummoxed as to what my body is up to. However, I am also really, really nesty. Laundry is taking on a significance that I cannot explain easily - if I don't get those whites done today, though, it'll be a pretty bad thing. I've also reorganized our bookshelves and am expecting to handle the spice cupboard later this evening and do something about the drawer paper in my dresser - it's three years old, for goodness sake! (I'll give you three guesses what happened three years ago - yep, it'd be the last time I nested.)


There is, of course, a definite upside to all this activity. My office here at home is finally getting to usability (I've been working at my dining room table for six months now, causing a great deal of mess and upheaval) and it's been a while since the kitchen floor was so clean. The downside is that no one else in my house thinks that anything on my to-do list is all that critical and, to be fair, they're probably right. Anything that's gone undone for six months probably doesn't really have to be finished at this minute. So I'm simultaneously exhausting, amusing and annoying both myself and everyone I live with.


Gotta run, lots more to do and daylight is burning away. There's chili to get into the freezer, gingerbread cookies to ice, and books to get to the library for the New Year Book sale. Busy, busy, busy.

Blog Archive