Followers

I just bid on a lot of ginger altoids on ebay. I only have three boxes (uh, I mean tins) left. I'm not feeling well and simply cannot face any portion of the future without knowing I've got more of these incredible things around. They are the greatest cure for upset stomach that I've ever encountered. Then again, we've already been over my ginger obsession, so maybe I'm not the best judge of these things. I don't know if this bid makes me interesting or pathetic, but I don't care 'cause I'm currently the high bidder (actually, I'm the only bidder - hope it stays that way).

Third, I've installed one of those "referring page" thingies so that I can see where my four readers per month come from. Seems like it might be interesting. Or, maybe it'll just be depressing.

Finally, I'm curious about how Blogger and its advertisers work out the advertising I see at the top of the page. One blog I read regularly has ads for the Peace Corp and other worthy organizations. Mine always had adds for the purchase of canning supplies. I find this interesting mostly because I can't figure out how this is done. When I registered, did someone from Blogger read my first few posts and say, "Aha! A canning blog! Quick - get the mason jar retailers on the phone - have we got an advertising opportunity for them!" Or, did some automated system read the words "hot water bath" and "mason jar" and figure out which among Blogger's existing clients would make good candidates for the advertising on this page. Curious, indeed.

Blog Archive