Followers

Big changes are afoot here at Hot Water Bath, big changes which are interfering mightily with my ability to do much canning of any kind. Not to be too mysterious or anything, but nothing will be revealed for a bit - I'll wait just enough time for me to regain control of the situation and pull myself together, then I'll be a little more forthcoming. In the meantime, I'm still thinking about what I'll make when the fog clears.


The garden has been confirmed as a complete non-starter this year and as far as I can tell the newly planted raspberry canes have also been completely overwhelmed by the horrific wet weather. (Did I mention that the weather in Charlottesville - and other places, I've been assured - sucks?) We had a very nice, if rather hot, day yesterday and rather than do any of the yard work that's been piling up around here we decided to enjoy ourselves instead, since we don't know when the next nice Saturday will arrive. We had dinner with friends passing through from Chatanooga to the Jersey Shore, which was just lovely, and arrived home just before a thunder storm of truly inspiring proportions. The house fairly shook with each rumble. "I want to see the thunder, mommy," my son repeats over and over in every storm. We're having trouble with that one.


And, no, I didn't make it to the Farmer's Market, mostly due to issues relating to the "big changes" references above. Soon I'll get there, I swear. And then - look out! - I'll be a blur with a canning kettle.

Blog Archive