Followers

Not Exactly Speed Racer

Item: The older car's been making a funny rattle which had been thought to be due to recent ridiculously sub-normal temperatures. Turns out? Water pump. Undriveable for now, part in transit, work to commence at some unspecified point in the near future.

Item: The newer car (newer being relative; it's a 2001 model year) started smoldering on the much-dreaded Route 202S last night. The summoned brother-in-law, a fireman, grinned while delivering the news, "Yep. Your car is burning." New oxygen sensors, at minimum, required. Work to commence at some unspecified point in the near future.

Consequences: Behind on laundry, dishes, errands, packing, wrapping, sewing and canning. Gift posts coming, and I mean it this time, after the holiday. For those of you in countries without a holiday this week (lots of referrals from Uzbekistan lately - hi Uzbekistan!) and have no idea of what I am speaking this means, more or less, that I'll start posting again on Sunday.

Until then, amuse yourself with cranberry chutney or making your own relish tray or otherwise having a splendid week. As for me, the kids and I are outta here. I have tons for which to be thankful and I may as well start now.

Blog Archive