Followers

Is it possible to become tired of cherries? I'll know soon. One of markets had a sale on local cherries, 99 cents a pound. Well. I ended up buying fix pounds, freezing about three pounds of stoned fruit, putting another pound in a clafouti (which I wish I had taken a picture of - it was gorgeous) and eating another pound out of hand. There's another three or four weeks of cherry time here, by which time I'll know if it is indeed possible to never want to see another cherry again (or at least not see one until next year).


Next up are raspberries, blueberries and nectarines - any of which I would happily walk over hot coals for. We have several pick your own sources nearby for these and I'm thinking that the Little Diva and I should strap on the back pack and have a few outings. Since my canning wish list includes blueberry pie filling, I'll know where to start.


Blog Archive