Followers



The pink peonies are blooming.




Turns out the mouse in the grill episode was just the first of several upclose interactions with nature that I, um, enjoyed this weekend. Both a hornet and the world's largest moth (o.k., not really, but if there are bigger ones I don't want to know about it) found their ways into the house. The resulting ruckus trying to get them back out of doors is amusing only retrospect. The moth, with its 6 inch wing span, only looked the scarier of the two but neither thrilled me overmuch. Then sometime overnight some kind of really buzzy bug came through the screen in the sliding glass door leading from our bedroom. I don't think it was terribly large, since I never actually saw it, but it certainly had a lot to say, and loudly.




For Mother's Day I received half a dozen alpine strawberry plants, which I'm hoping to propogate into another dozen or so more. They will be the beginnings of a lovely border to the herb garden - on the long edges. The short sides will be bordered by lavender and the corners anchored by four kinds of mint. There's still a lot of unoccupied real estate in the garden but I'm trying to remember to take baby steps so as to not become overwhelmed and then give up. Anyway, it was a lovely day punctuated by the additional purchase of a great pair of high heeled strappy sandals. Every day should involve strawberries and new shoes, if you ask me.

Blog Archive