Followers

Well, I have to get more Orangina since I drank the bottle that was supposed to become jelly. I'm trying to drink more water but I just get so sick of it - and so the soda was opened and consumed. Hopefully, I'll get around to the great jelly test this weekend. If I remember correctly, the 12-week mark began the slow improvement in morning sickness/hyperemesis last time and I'll be 12 weeks on Sunday. I hope I'm not setting myself up for a letdown with my expectations of a nausea-free week next week. We'll see.


My husband and son are off buying vacuum cleaner bags and a new dinette. The vacuum bags are the result of a conversation that went like this:


Husband: Hon, when did you last change the vacuum cleaner bag?


Me: I've never changed the vacuum cleaner bag.


Husband: Oh. Do you know where the replacement bags are?


Me: I've never seen what our bags look like.


Husband: Oh. When was the last time you vacuumed?


Me: You're kidding, right?


The last several places we've lived at hardwood floors that we covered in various spots with shabby, if not chic, throw and area rugs chosen specifically for their 1) cheapness and 2) ability to hide dirt. The new house as wall-to-wall which is going to be replaced with wood as soon as there's room in the budget. For now, it looks like one of us is going to have to get cozy with the vacuum. Ain't gonna be me. I'm not the one who absolutely had to have the 195 pound behemouth. He's the big burly man, let him handle it is what I say.


As for the kitchen table, we're currently using my great-grandparents' Lane, pecan dining room table that I've used for some time as a console table. With the leaves up, it's the perfect size for our kitchen but at nearly 100 years old and being the type of table that is very hard to get these days for any amount of money in the mass-furniture market, I'm feeling like being the daily eating place for a two year old isn't quite the best idea if we want to keep it around for another few years. So off to KMart we are for their made-in-Thailand, $175 special. A butcher-block-esque table and four little chairs. Ought to buy us a couple years, at least. Well, that's what we're hoping.

Blog Archive