Followers

A quick Google of beer and soda jellies reveals that beer jelly is a well-trodden path but that soda jelly seems to be either avoided or not often attempted. Since I am not a beer lover (despite assurances from many that I would never, ever graduate from Drexel University without developing a taste for the stuff, since Drexel is a seriously, um, rambunctious school) I will start first with some soda jellies. I'll give some thought to the recipe over the next couple days with a goal of producing a prototype batch this weekend. Right now, I'm guessing that I'll need to use a minimum of sugar -just enough to activate the pectin - since soda is already so sweet, and maybe little or no additional liquid. I am going to start with the Orangina, mostly because I love it and it just sounds like would be great to glaze a fruit tart or in little thumbprint-type cookies. After that, who knows? Maybe I'll move on to Jolt because then I can make caffienated sandwiches to keep me awake after lunch.

Blog Archive