Followers

A very brief discussion of wine and herb jellies this weekend has led me to ponder the possibilities for beer and soda jellies. I can't dwell on this too long with out an attack of the queasies, but here's the brief lowdown: people use wine and/or herb jellies for all kinds of swanky things - brie glazes, canapes, that kind of martha-type food. Could beer jelly be used to glaze, say, a roast? What about top some cream cheese on an habanero cracker? And soda jelly - I knew a woman who used grape jelly in a truly astonishing Swedish-meatball-esque recipe. I wonder if, say, Fresca jelly would be good on anything that would be just as shockingly good as that grape jelly sauce (I think some people put grape jelly in their barbecue sauce, too). As novelties go, this could have interesting possibilities. What about Orangina jelly? Doesn't that sound kind of refreshing?

Blog Archive