Followers

We are back among the living here at Hot Water Bath. Tonight I cooked a proper dinner for the first time in weeks and it felt awesome. We nearly went out to a local Italianish place but in the end decided that we were just too wiped to actually set foot outside the house. So I made a pasta carbonara-type thing with sauteed beet greens on the side that, given the circumstances, tasted like one of the greatest things ever cooked in my or any other house. We were just so insanely grateful to be there together, in one piece, eating good food that wasn't prefab and with no one wishing to high heaven that the meal would end so he/she could just book it back to bed. I swear, few meals were ever as appreciated as tonight's dinner.


I'm trying hard not to rush to fill my time, to take it slow and not plunge headlong into the projects that were put on hold through the madness of the past two weeks. It's a struggle, though, because there is so much that I'm wanting to do and accomplish. There's that book proposal, for instance, as well as some other writing projects. And the canning, of course. Then there's the nursery to prepare, as the Little Diva is just about ready to move into her own room - so there's a rocker to paint and curtains to hang and so on. Plus my reading list is growing and I've got to finish the sundress I started sewing a few weeks ago. Also one of my clients called last week and asked if I would take on some work over the next few months. I like this person and the company, the work is satisfying and the money is welcome so this is a nice development - it's good to be wanted. If we're able to come to an agreement then the whole work/home balance thing will have to shift again. Not a problem, but certainly something to keep in mind over the next week as I prioritize.


And so life picks up and continues apace.

Blog Archive