Followers

I spent a large chunk of this morning's nap time composing a letter to the CIO of a local medical informatics company. Basically, I'm seeking what's commonly called an "informational interview" - that is, I'm not looking to him for employment but rather a discussion of the industry and his views on where it's headed and what might be in store. In other words, I'd just like to make the contact. I'm not a natural networker and doing this kind of thing always makes me nervous and jerky. I've been on the receiving end of similar letters and I'm always careful to treat them seriously, but I'm aware that many people blow them off entirely. I would say at least 80% of those that I have written and for which I've attempted follow up have been completely disregarded. And yet, into the fray I go.


The small portion of my brain that hasn't been taken up with writing, rewriting and rewriting again the letter I've given over to cutting the pieces for two pairs of shorts I'm starting to make for the Boy Wonder. Depressing to be thinking about summer clothes today, what with all the cold rain and general gloom, but I'd rather not leave these things to the last minute. A local fabric shop had some really great plaids so I bought three-quarters of a yard of two of them for some nice, simple elastic-waisted shorts. I've got a few sewing projects on tap for myself to follow, including a really great evening bag shaped kind of like a miniature handled paper sack. I'm very much looking forward to that one - and also very much wishing I had somewhere to use it.

Blog Archive