Followers

Despite what she may have thought, I have not been trapped under a plate of scrapple.

There was the small matter of Entropy Girl's third birthday and its related cake requirements (white cupcakes with pink frosting for preschool and a chocolate layer cake with pink frosting for the family dinner), one work-related deadline (successfully met), one personal deadline (ditto) and then the general tidying up of an astonishingly large number of loose ends.

I find loose end tieing very satisfying. A needed signature acquired here, a file put to bed there...all very nice. So nice, in fact, that I have decided to impose a measure of my professional life onto our home environment, as they say. My work requires that I be very systematically organized and there are large risks involved in failing to dot an I or cross a T, as it were. Being on top of large numbers of very granular details brings me a particular kind of reward and I decided this week that I am also going to seek out similar pleasures at home.

To date, and I am planning to post pictures once I can wrest the camera from Braniac and his plans to document in minute detail his latest car restoration project, I have: place all my grains and starch-type products (barley, orzo, brown and white rices, TVP, popcorn, etc., etc., etc.) into matching and labeled containers, placed all baking supplies on one shelf, erected two shelving units in the kitchen to hold cookbooks, small appliances and baking dishes, created labeled bins for every toy category possible (Things That Roll, Space Stuff, Farm Stuff, Musical, and so on) and hung Entropy Girl's dresses by season and size.

This feels really, really good.

Blog Archive