Followers

Fragments


Despite my assertion that I would neither read nor acknowledge the Boy Wonder's BMI report, out neighborhood elementary school has proven too wily for to avoid/ignore it as planned. The magic number has been reported on the same piece of paper alongside information I actually do need, like his vision results (as the child of two glasses-wearing parents, with three glasses-wearing aunts/uncles and four glasses-wearing grandparents, we're always on the lookout for the need for corrective lenses). So. There it is. Hm.

And that's really all that needs to be said about that.

*********

I am breaking up with Target. This has been a long time coming and I really do feel that it's time I see other stores. I'm a little sad, of course, but also hopeful that with time I will be able to see our relationship with a bit more clarity. In the meantime, I am engaging in some retail therapy with several yards of this to be made into little paper-sack type evening bags and an ever-so-small spree at Crane buying New Years cards and perusing the offerings for the household stationery that Brainiac is always saying we should order.

I feel better already.

*********

There remains only one gift to arrange here at the Hot Water Bath estate and that is for the lovely young woman who drives the bus that delivers the Boy Wonder to school every day (how it came to pass that he takes the bus at all is a story in itself but believe me when I say that he is thrilled and I am somewhat less so). Anyway, he is one of three children on this route so it's more that he has this personal transportation service and the Boy tells us how they all sing songs on the way to school and she sings along with them. Nice, no? So I've already written a card expressing our heartfelt thanks that she is so kind to the children and how grateful we are that she keeps them safe and sound in the time they are in her care (not to mention that she is the absolute perfect driver for the parents who were terrified to put their kid on a bus).

I would like to enclose a little something with the card but I can't think of what that little something ought to be. I know nothing about her other than she sings songs and is quite diligent about safety, if the Boy's stories are to be believed. I don't know if she likes wine or cookies (or is even able to enjoy either). I don't know if she likes movies or reading or knitting or even celebrates any given winter gift-giving holiday at all, for that matter. She does wear a handful of silver rings which I see when she waves to me as the bus leaves off. But jewelry? No. Definitely not appropriate.

It flitted through my mind that I might buy a gift card to a local market and add to our note that I hoped she'd buy herself some of her favorite wintertime treats and enjoy them with our thanks, but...is that very icky-ticky-tacky? Or is this a good idea?

Do tell. I'm begging for help here so please share.

Blog Archive