Followers

You know, I've got 37 years of daylight savings under my belt and you'd think I'd handle the whole thing with a little more grace. But no. I have been walloped and fricaseed, just like every year. Sigh.

Saturday night's dinner went very well. So well that we've already set a (more or less) firm date to do it again in June. The menu ended up slightly altered, largely because once we had enjoyed a few glasses of wine, played with the dog, ran the kids around outside and generally got back in the groove after several months of not seeing each other the actual food seemed somehow less important. There was no strawberry soup or sorbet after all, because one of the preschool moms suggested that those things sounded really gross and then I totally forgot to serve the bread. Other than that, I'm pleased and proud and had a lovely time. To cue up our departure, Entropy Girl threw up all over Braniac - overstimulated and overtired, not really sick - just after the Boy Wonder announced that "of all the kids, we're the only ones awake".

In short, a lovely evening.

Blog Archive