Followers

More researching on the pineapple jam front.

I've found several recipes that might work. Of course, I won't use any of these but will most likely combine them into some kind of recipe Frankenstein and then complain that I hadn't thought to write down what I did (self-awareness is a beautiful thing, is it not?).

Anyway, based on a few recipes I've found at Indian recipe sites, I'm thinking that the addition of lime and/or clove might be fantastic. As a bonus, the lime could allow me to reduce the amount of sugar for which most American recipes seem to call. We'll have to see, but I'm hopeful.

Today the kids and I are meeting my sister-in-law for lunch at an Indian place (newly in her second trimester, she's craving mango pickle...all the best people do) near a Trader Joe's, where I'll pick up a couple cans of crushed pineapple to have ready to go for when I find the box that holds my canning stuff (don't get me started on the movers...really, nothing good will come of that). We've got a bunch going on over the next few days and then there will be a visit by the splendiferous Alisha but after that we should have everything in order for some pineapple jamming.

Blog Archive