Followers

Just a few things today:

1) As I type this a backhoe is putting a large hole in the front "yard" about fifty feet from where Entropy Girl is napping and I am hoping against hope that she will sleep through the work. Girlfriend needs her sleep.

2) I am anxiously awaiting a phone call from a client with whom I am having communication challenges. I don't know if she has a phone phobia (telephobia?) or is ignoring me, spitefully or not, or is just simply busy but my ability to get my work done is now hinging upon hearing back from her and history tells me not to hold my breath. An uncomfortable place to be.

3) We've accepted an offer on the Charlottesville house and I am increasingly frustrated with the buyer. We're having a culture clash over things like signed agreements and trust and I may have to go full-on Yankee with her if she doesn't stop assuming that she can have unfettered and unsupervised access to the house without actually purchasing or renting it.

4) Today I found a bunch of Entropy Girl's clothes at the bottom of a box marked "MBR - Decorative", under a jumbled pile of sheets and shoes. Do movers amuse themselves with these mindgames or are they merely indications of an industry-wide problem with ADHD?

5) Some time ago the Boy Wonder expressed an interest in helping me make a batch of pineapple jam. I adore pineapple and thought that it was an excellent idea. In scoping out recipes, though, I've discovered that most require three or four cups of sugar added to one single can of crushed fruit - which is already fairly sweet, in my opinion. Too sweet jam is horrendous so I'm going to have to do some tweaking to see if I can't get a good jell point with lower amounts, perhaps by using a non-standard pectin or something.

6) I need a vacation.

Blog Archive