Followers

This has been the Summer of My Discontent so the progress (however slight) made on the muse hunt is heartening. With luck, she'll be back bags unpacked and laundry washed in the not too distant future.

Entropy Girl had fever this morning giving me an excellent excuse for skipping Too Perky's aqua aerobics class, although I would have liked to have done my usual weights routine. The feeling of becoming physically stronger is new to me - strength usually comes to me in the form of I am Woman Hear Me Roar-type emotional outbursts, not in actual muscular enhancement. But no children are allowed in the gym's superbly-appointed "Kidz Zone" for 24 hours after a fever, messy diaper, or vomiting - reasonable policy, although some parents seem to have difficulty in applying it to their own children - and so I had to pass on my entire workout. Perhaps tomorrow. Then again, the planned roster of yard maintenance activities (down dead pine, spread a few thousdand yards of mulch, remove errant and unwanted rose bushes, pull weeds that have suddenly become taller than the Boy Wonder and so on) might just fill the exercise bill for the weekend.

Blog Archive