Followers

I think I've got the comment problem solved, fingers firmly crossed.

Big things on tap for this weekend: the long-awaited tomatilla salsa production, dinner with my parents (who are vacationing nearby), a short visit to the farmer's market and a quick drop into the new toy store on the Downtown Mall so my husband can buy my mother a mother's day present (my present was the Beethoven action figure, and we also picked up Ben Franklin for the Boy Wonder). With some luck, the weather will hold - still cold and misty - and I will be able to get tomatoes and peppers in.

We had initially planned to spend a good chunk of at least one day removing sick and dying foliage and removing some of the more oddly placed shrubbery - some volunteer, some actually planted by a person. With the weather as it's been, though, we just don't have the heart for a lot of outdoor work so we're instead going to approach the weekend in a more much pleasure-oriented fashion. Hence the culinary- and consumption-based activities. Chainsawing and digging can wait for a day when we aren't wearing turtlenecks (in May! In Virginia!) and scavenging for firewood. By the way, feel free to laugh at me if I end up complaining about heat in July.

Blog Archive