Followers

I've been reading recently about persons who, upon discovery of their blog by professionally interested parties, have been relieved of their jobs. In the cases I've read of, the bloggers had either imprudently criticized an employer by name or revealed privileged information of competitive or market nature. So the implications of these happenings intrigue me for many reasons, the least of which is that I am currently casting about for either 1) a project or 2) a job. I wonder what would happen to any applications or phone calls I have floating around out in workerland if I were to be googled.

I have no interest in taking the veil by changing my name or adopting a nom de blog and I wonder if the occasional work-related frustration I have expressed here is enough to disqualify me from placement on project teams. Would someone wish to work with another who explicity states that she is, from time to time, frustrated? Hm. In previous job hunting exercises I have been reminded that cheerful and idefatigable are the order of the day. No frustration here, ma'am! Pile it on, I can take it! No, I have never written anything here that would reveal me to be anything other than a normal human, discrete with names and places and aware of the regulated context in which she works. All fine, but I'm not sure that "normal human" is a good enough qualification these days.

Also - Finally! - we have some canning news. What was to be a quick trip to Whole Foods for rice milk for Entropy Girl - don't ask - revealed a bag of firm and fresh organic lemons at a non-ruinous price. Since I have lately exhausted my supply of preserved spiced lemons I am very happy and a glance at the cupboard tells me that replenishment is at hand since I also have the requisite cinnamon sticks, cloves and other additives. As a result, the weekend's agenda has been shuffled somewhat so that a canning project may be fit in between swim lessons, firewood stacking, Sunday school, garden planning and out of town company. Stay tuned!

Blog Archive