Followers

I zipped into Whole Foods last night to pick up some rice milk and dairy-free snacks and spied that the man behind me in checkout had a bag of key limes.

Must be chutney time! I'm going to check my supplies of brown sugar and raisons. I've already enough vinegar I know. Hmm...what else?

We've got company at the moment and the big project right now is sugar cookie experimentation. My sister-in-law is to be married in June and she's chosen to give favors of large sugar cookies wrapped in cellophane. The tag with the recipient's name is also going to be their seating card.

I think this is a swell idea and have offered to help out with the baking and icing so while she's here we're going to test a couple recipes. Given that using my oven is always an adventure I figure if we can get a good result here then using her superior oven for the real thing will be a piece of cake, so to speak.

I'm also in charge of mints for the reception so any spare time will be given over to testing various mint and chocolate combinations. After that we will address the chutney issue.

I adore having lots of projects. I may not get the radishe or lettuce seeds in the ground, which another biggie on the to-do list, but that's a fairly low-maintenance activity as far as gardening goes. I can always do that during a naptime this coming week.

What are you up to this weekend?

Blog Archive