Followers

Orangina jelly status: poor. My mom helped me tweak the recipe and we still had strange, intermittant, sort-of jelled jelling. I told her that enough was enough and that this was my last attempt. You may be glad to know that she shamed me into making another, as-yet-unscheduled try. Mom doesn't know from all this blog stuff, and she's not a big fan of the internet, but once she learned that there are people out there who know of this saga, she insisted that I continue. "It's not as if people are depending upon me," I pouted. "That's not the point," she wagged her finger at me, "you started something and now you have to finish it."


So that's that. I felt as I did the year I tried to quit band midway through the school year. Guilty and ashamed and like I was letting the side down. Attempt #4, coming up.


The $500 decorating challenge went well. I know have "art" on the walls and window coverings and a fabulous mantle arrangement. There are still a couple things I want to do, like cover the giant reading pillows. I like the new bee print from Calico Corners, but I'd rather buy something at a local, non-chain shop like Fabric World. Fabric World is really great, run by these very stern women who take their fabric seriously. The store is house in an old warehouse that has definitely seen better days - in fact, it looks sort of abandoned. Once you're inside, though, it's like entering a magic world of tassels, trims, buttons and toile. The best kind of candy, if you ask me.


Blog Archive