Followers

Well, Round 1 of Project Orangina Jelly didn't quite work out as planned. I can't think of a single reason why, in theory, it shouldn't work so I'm laying the blame on the recipe and will have to tweak it. Maybe mess around with the ratio of sugar to pectin. That is usually the culprit with these kinds of problems. So now I jave lots of super-sweet Orangina syrup for which I cannot think of a single purpose. I don't want to waste it, though, so I'll hang on to it for a few weeks and give it some thought. Unlike, say, failed raspberry jam - which can always be used as a sauce - this doesn't seem to automatically suggest an alternate use. (Regretfully, it rather reminds me of the sickly sweet beverage one must drink in the glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes - further reducing it's charm, in my book). Any thoughts? Round 2 will commence in about two weeks.


Also, I have been informed that my son wishes to have an "airplane" birthday this year. I'm a little stumped as to how he knew 1) that his birthday was approaching, 2) that I have been giving thought as to the nature of the celebration and 3) that party "themes" are fairly typical. I can only recall one birthday party that he's ever attended - to which I did not accompany him and at which all the other participants spoke primarily Portuguese. I was assured that he had a lovely time, but apparently it made more of an impression than I thought, what with it's "Hot Wheels" goody bag and all. So airplanes it is. I can see it now...flight plan invitations, jet shaped cake, pin the propeller on the biplane and so much more aviation fun.


Blog Archive