Followers

Happiness Ahoy

Round about a year and a half ago now, I put up a post numbering thirty things that were bringing me joy in that moment. Every so often since then I've revisited the list and have found it quite enduring. I still love Georgette Heyer's novels and near everything else listed (especially the Roses Lime, because I've been in a gimlet place lately. Scurvy, do you think?). I'd be hard pressed to keep it to 30 items these days and, having read Suburban Matron's Little Pleasures post, I'm thinking I can make it straight up to 50, with the addition of more than a few non-thingish items. Sure, she's got some mighty excellent literature and even physical fitness on her list, but I've got romance novels and pie. I'd say it's a draw.

So. Let's do it. Twenty more things that make me happy, and then I want to hear a couple from ya'all. Deal?

  1. My new role at work. Yummy.
  2. Adele's Rolling in the Deep
  3. Today's Philadelphia Inquirer review of the Kyber Pass Pub - I was brought to the Khyber once or twice by a pre-Brainiac beau and have ne'er thought of it since. I wonder what ever happened to that boy?
  4. The peanut butter cupcakes my girl and I baked today (maple frosting, salted peanut garnish).
  5. That Downton Abbey is now available on Netflix
  6. That the young mother in My Village who nearly died having her babies is stronger every day
  7. That I can draw my son out of himself every time with the suggestion that we bake a pumpkin pie
  8. The dining table I intend to order soonest
  9. That three people I like and respect have found jobs
  10. My latest amazon order, full of the Duchess of Devonshire and gluten-free recipes (not in the same book)
  11. My new grey boiled wool jacket
  12. Top Gear (don't tell my husband - I'm getting much mileage (ha!) out of rolling my eyes when he tunes in)
  13. The napkins on which I'm embroidering a pinecone motif. They're a surprise for a friend and I think she'll really like them.
  14. The two cases of wine we bought yesterday, mostly malbec and rioja
  15. My mother's high school graduation picture
  16. Key Lime pie. Frozen. On a stick. Covered in chocolate.
  17. Our new dog. Her name is Summer and she's fantastic.
  18. The local theatre company that offers excellent productions AND affordable tickets.
  19. I'm keeping my promise to myself to take lunch to work when I'm in the office
  20. That I could go on for 50 more
That was fun. Now it's your turn. I know, I haven't been around in a spell, but throw a girl a bone, won't you? What are you enjoying these days?

Blog Archive