Followers

This woman has much more ambition than I. Much more. She has resolved, in that New Yearsy kind of way, to use her slow cooker every day and post the results every day. Stunt blogging can be really fun and interesting (see also: the original Julie/Julia Project) or boring and sanctimonious (see also: No Impact Man). This has some potential, I think, for hitting me in a few interesting spots: cooking, family, money, creativity, etc., etc., etc. I like that she, so far at least, uses real food (marshmallows for the sweet potato casserole notwithstanding) and seems to avoid cream 'o whatnot condensed soups and the like. Definitely some possibilities there.

Finding the blog was good timing since I have been trying hard to cuddle up to my own slow cooker without much success and if it weren't for tonight's modest triumph with a sausage and potato experiment, I might have abandoned the thing altogether. It truly is amazing how one can throw some quartered red potatoes, a diced onion, a few sausage links and a bit of veggie broth into a ceramic pot and come home to a dinner that's, more or less, completely prepared.

Of course, after nearly six years of blogging (six years!) I'm still wretched about remembering to take pictures of things. Trust me, though, it was actually kind of yummy and not at all the sort of shredded-meat-with-soft-carrots thing that I've well mastered and come to dread. Yes, I'd say the slow cooker thing is looking up.

Blog Archive