Followers

So you may have noticed that I gave myself a bit of vacation. It was lovely. Mostly I spent my time buying fabric, cutting sundresses for Entropy Girl and looking at seed catalogs. What more can a girl ask? And last night Brainiac and I went to try to eat dinner at a place I will not name (but which rhymes with "Fonebish") and discovered a two-hour wait for a table. He said, "Wow. You ought to blog about this." And I thought, "Yes. I should." With that, my vacation is over.

So, yes. Fonebish. We were given a giftcard and thought it might be fun to check the place out. We generally aren't hip to the upscale-ish chain restaurants - you know, your Cheesecake Factories and the like - and thought a visit might be a nice change of pace. Come to find out that one needs reservations to actually eat (unless a two hour wait at the bar sounds fun), which was a bit of a bridge too far for us what with Lonebish being 1) not locally owned, 2) a bit precious with the theming, 3) located in a strip mall and 4) the sort of place with a website that implies that all shellfish will turn red when boiled. This last may come as a surprise to the winkles you know.

We didn't wait the two hours. Instead we went to a local gastropub where Brainiac enjoyed ribs and I started with a grilled chevre and dried cranberry salad, segued into calamari and finished with pumpkin ice cream. Fonebish, indeed.

Blog Archive