Followers

I can't find the "good" digital camera - the one that actually takes pictures without a great deal of negotiation - so I'm delayed yet again in taking pictures of the pickled peppers. They're so much better and hotter than their commercially canned cousins that I really do want to talk about them a bit. And they're so easy that anyone with a few of almost any kind of hot pepper lying around could put them up in a flash. I didn't even use my big canner, just a regulsr old saucepan with a hotpad stuck on the bottom. Soon, then.

I just realized that with my conversion to the new-and-better Blogger upgrade thingie that my archives and internal links no longer appear or work, respectively. I find this maddening and a good example of why I'm often of the School of the Old Ways and am, in the words of the IT industry, a Late Adopter. I find it maddening when the new-and-better creates way more problems than I ever had with the previous stuff and even neglects to solve those problems that I did have. Brainiac finds this lack of adaptability alarming and somewhat annoying but I fail to see why, if I buy a new cell phone that looks exactly like the old one and is made by the same company that the new phone has no operations in common with the old one, resulting in a two-year learning curve that I really could have done without. And so it goes with Blogger, apparently. So I'll figure it out and try to remember that, rather unlike my cell company, Blogger has been good to me and, after all, free (also rather unlike my cell company).

Finally, I'm getting back on track with my food politics ruminations. I was talking with a virtual friend whose family manages all manner of food sensitivities and allergies in addition to the run of the mill preferences that everyone develops. She is an accomplished and creative cook but in her house the preparation of meals can be somewhat less than fun due to the limited number of ingredients with which we can safely work. So we were talking about the privilege associated with not just having an abundance of food, but also a variety of food and our expectations of being able to indulge almost any whim of our tastebuds. This lends an interesting cast to the discussion and one that I'm going to ponder for a spell.

Blog Archive