Followers

My parents and sisters came down for the weekend to attend my cousin's graduation party. It was a lovely visit, although so rushed and full of activity that I think most of the adults felt very frazzled. I felt crazed before anyone actually arrived just in anticipation of how busy the visit was going to be. Nothing like a little anticipatory stress.

In addition to the graduation party and other family events, Brainiac and I attended his 20-year high school reunion. Now that was interesting, to say the least. Interesting, in fact, in ways I am still processing. I won't say too much about it, because the relationships that were picked up on Saturday, if only for three hours and then to be dropped again, aren't my story to tell. Seeing them presented a fascinating picture of the boy I married as a man some eight years removed from them. The child is the father of the man, indeed.

Blog Archive