Followers

Because I am always more ambitious than than my time, money or ability really allows for I've decided to start on my lists of things I want to grow and/or can this year. I never grow enough to supply my canning needs and this year I've missed seed started (although I've never been that good at it) because of the move and will be back to containers, a gardening medium with which I've had mixed results in the past. So, as with all of my ambitions, the bottom line is "we shall see". With that in mind:

Stuff to Grow:

1) Tomatoes - roma, amish paste, sungold or some other pear/cherry variety

2) Radishes

3) Mesclun

4) Zucchini and summer squash

5) Some kind of pole bean

6) Herbs: basil, cilantro, dill, chives, rosemary (can I overwinter successfully this year?), lavender (ditto), scented geraniums (ditto ditto)

7) Cukes - for eating, not pickling

8) What else? I feel like I'm forgetting something

Stuff to Can:

1) Pineapple jam

2) Mango jam

3) Cherry sauce/syrup

4) Diced tomatoes

5) Tomato sauce

6) Tomatilla salsa

7) Pickled veggies: beans and cukes

8) Chocolate sauce

9) Blueberry marmalade

10) Peach dice

11) Applesauce

12) Spiced apples or apple pie filling

13) Again, I feel like I'm forgetting something. Hmmmm.....

Suddenly, I feel very tired.

Blog Archive