Followers

As I type this, I am parenting via CRT (that is, cathode ray tube...or, letting my kids watch television) so that I can do some last minute moving-relating tasks. Like updating my blog. Ahem.

We're very much in triage mode at the moment, washing laundry, cleaning the fridge, packing clothes, finding the checkbook (which hasn't been seen in months), etc. Oh, and updating the blog. Anyway, the kids are watching Between the Lions before we go grab a brunch at IHOP and figure out how to pack all the stuff we need to - like the cat - into the cars and go. So you can see I have a lot of time for things like...updating the blog.

Aside: Dr. Ruth was just on Between the Lions. Now that's something I never expected.

Anyway, I managed to get all the empty canning jars in one place for the movers and even wrapped and placed inside the canning kettle my tools like the jar lifer, funnel and so forth. In theory, this means that once I find my canning kettle post-move, I'll be all ready to get started with...putting off my canning. Maybe next month.

In other news, the Boy Wonder asked me the other day how long it takes to drive to Rome. I explained that we could take a boat or a plane and perhaps might have a bit of driving after that, but that we could not drive to Rome from neither where we currently live nor where we'd be living. "But I thought all roads lead to Rome," he said plaintively, "Is that a lie?"

Blog Archive