Followers




Venison Calzones: not pretty, but tasty


The calzones ended up being reasonably well received. I flubbed the dough somewhat, which may have been a function of never having experienced the type of instructions the recipe used to make it (have you ever covered your sponge in water until it popped up? Never heard of that). I also added an egg wash so that the calzones would have a nicer finish than I thought they might without. I thought the dough was too crunchy, where I look to a calzone to be kind of doughy and chewy. I have enough filling to make more but I think I'll stick with my regular pizza dough next time. Definitely a recipe worth tweaking.


I have a lot on my mind but blogging will have to wait until after Entropy Girl's upcoming birthday celebration. Not that we're planning this huge, crazy party or anything. It's just that my house is not ready to receive my mother (you know, the one who thinks that Queen Elizabeth is a bit too casual? The one who thinks that Martha's a clever girl who just needs a bit more attention to detail?) and so I'm planning to devote tomorrow to things like dusting my baseboards, spacing my clothes hangers an inch apart, washing my punch cups, things like that.


To hold you over, here is the soon-to-be birthday girl herself, on Christmas day. Can it be true that it's been almost a year? I guess it's true what they say about raising kids - the days are long and the years are short.





Entropy Girl, on Christmas Day, trying on her new scarf from Aunt Marla


Happy birthday, Entropy Girl. Mama loves you!

Blog Archive