Followers

Both of my children are sleeping at the moment. I should be taking advantage of their slumber to do any number of things for which I have a deadline. A client is expecting a document to arrive at their offices Monday afternoon and there's a van load of people on the way from Buffalo as I type this who are likely expecting clean (or clean-ish) sheets on their beds and maybe even some food in the house upon their arrival. Instead, I've decided to just savor the silence and sit for a spell. There's garlic roasting for the white bean dip and the queso dip is already on the oven, yeast and sugar are doing their thing awaiting transformation into pizza dough and there's that eight pounds of confectioners' sugar sitting on the counter silently scolding me for not yet having started to decorate the Boy Wonder's space ship birthday cake. But no, it's just too nice sitting here at the keyboard, visiting blogs and generally spacing out. I may come to regret my sloth in a few hours but for now I'm pleading blissful ignorance of any possible consequences.

Blog Archive