Followers

The strawberry jam didn't set up at all. The recipe might be guilt-free, but it also seems to be success-free. I toyed with adding some pectin, but in the end decided to trust the recipe. My bad. Still, it's not a total waste because I now have strawberry sauce. We're having a party next weekend so I figure I'll put the sauce in a pretty bottle and serve it with some sparkling water so people can make strawberry fizzies. Maybe I'll have lime slices, too. I find that strawberry and lime are excellent together.


I also didn't go to the farm market, after all. I'm pretty cranky about it, actually. The weather is completely awful - cold, misty and gray. May in Virginia - not what I expected. On the bright side, there's still a lot of stuff to do around the house (hang pictures, organize the pantry, etc.) so maybe the absence of temptation to be outside will turn out to be a blessing and we can get some things done.

Blog Archive